Performance data for Summer exams 2023 at Greenbank High School
The government has now published performance data from the Summer 2023 exams for all secondary schools, sixth forms and colleges.
We are delighted with the information included which demonstrates how well our pupils have done whilst studying a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum. As a result of their achievements, learners are able to go on to their destinations of choice and have bright futures ahead of them. A huge thank you to all our staff who inspire and care for every pupil and well done to our Year 11 leavers, it is their hard work and determination which has enabled them to achieve so well.
The data published in 2023 includes the following:
- Our school’s Progress 8 figure (the relative progress of our students in eight subjects, compared to students with similar levels of attainment at the end of primary school) is just above +0.36 which indicates that students make above average progress. This figure puts our pupils in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
- Our school’s Attainment 8 figure, which is 53.9 Attainment 8 is the raw score achieved by our students in the same eight subjects. This puts us significantly above the national average of 46.2
- The percentage of our students who entered the EBacc is 80%, significantly above the national entry rate of 39%. EBacc is a government measure, which means pupils studied English, maths, sciences, a language, and history or geography at GCSE showing that children at our school have a broad and balanced curriculum.
- The number of our students who stay in education or employment after Year 11 is 96% compares to 94% nationally.
- The proportion of our pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in English and Maths is 56% compared to the national average of 45%.
Please see our examination results summary on our website under Key Information for a more accurate representation of the results our students in 2023