Reasons for a Distinction award as outlined by the validator were:
- Outstanding GCSE Physical Education results.
- Excellent Attitude to Learning Physical Education and Dance scores for all Years including Examination Groups.
Quality of teaching
- The quality of teaching is outstanding.
- The curriculum is outstanding and meets the needs of all students. The personalised pathways opportunity from Year 9 is particularly impressive.
- The leadership academy and the numbers involved is impressive.
- Extra-curriculum opportunities and numbers participating are excellent.
Leadership and management
- The Headteacher states that Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity is at the ‘Heart of the School’. His enthusiasm of the opportunities on offer, the standards achieved in and out of curriculum time and the impact on whole school development is infectious.
- The Head of Physical Education Department is outstanding. She is forward thinking and ensures that all girls – whatever their age or level of ability – achieve their best.